Thursday, February 25, 2010

A one, a two, a one, two, three, four!

Well hello again. I just slid into my bed and it feels so nice. I've caught a cold that I think my boss accidentally threw at me. But even so, I am excited about my post tonight. It was alot of fun to work on. Wanna hear it? Here it goes.

I thought it would be worth a try to Google "power-flirting" even though I had never heard those two words put together before. Sure enough, someone stole my word just that fast because I got lots of hits. Some people will stop at nothing to hog the limelight. At any rate, I found another lovely, vastly detailed guide just brimming over with inspiration. I was so inspired, actually, that I really did come up with four power-flirting routines that should eventually prove to be quite effective, that is if the guide is all it cracks itself up to be. I'm sure it will take quite a few tries before I can pull them off (the routines, that is) as naturally and smoothly as I'd like, but I'm cool with that.

I was also reminded that no matter what, I should be having fun with this. I think taking it too seriously has caused me to have way too much anxiety about the whole thing. But you probably knew that before I did if you read yesterday's post. Whew! Summer Donna!

So without further ado, here are my self prescribed power-flirting routines (feel free to use them if you'd like).

Routine 1:
Walk twice around the block during your lunch hour. Observe the men that are out and about and try to make eye contact with a few. The further away from you they are when you catch their eye, the better. This gives more time to smile and try any other flirtatious moves (i.e., raising the eyebrows). Try not to look shifty. Breathe deep and relax the shoulders. Put just a little extra something in your walk. To kick things up a notch, try incorporating Routine 2.

Routine 2:
When you’re running errands, grocery shopping, etc., and you are in close proximity to an attractive guy, literally do the bend and snap, minus the snap. Make sure you always have something droppable in your hand, be it a pen, credit card, grocery list, the entire contents of your purse (make sure you have strategically chosen what is in there!), you get the idea. Be sure you practice at home. Try to keep both feet on the ground with one foot slightly in front of the other. Bend just enough at the knees to be able to reach your item. Keep the back flat and chest out.  Do not snap up and place your wrists at your waist ala Legally Blond! Your style will have to be modified if you spill your purse. This move is really to invite that certain fella to come over and help pick things up. Taking a knee would be called for here. Make sure to say something to get his attention, unless he is already looking at you when you look up to see if he's looking at you. Keep things light. Smile and shake your head and resume picking up your things. The more things you have, the greater the chance he will help you pick them up. If he doesn't, stay cheerful. Not all men are nice. It's kind of like he has told you all about himself and you can now say "um, no thanks." A single-item-drop won't be as dramatic, but it should get you noticed and give you an opportunity to make eye contact and smile.

Routine 3:
If you see someone you would like to flirt with and you are somewhere relatively crowded or close quartered, “accidentally” bump into him. Gently, but not too gently. You want to get his attention, but you don’t want to knock him over. Look him in the eye, smile and apologize. If he spills even a tad of a beverage, offer to buy him a fresh one.  Don't try to wipe him off!

Routine 4:
When dining out or doing any other activity where you are seated around one or more prospects who are also seated, begin doing the following: 1) sit up straight; 2) if you have a drink, swirl your straw a little; 3) smile as you talk with your friend(s), unless you are alone, in which case do not talk to your friends even if they are talking to you; 4) if you are alone, try to keep your face as pleasant as possible; and 5) if you have room enough to comfortably do so, cross your legs and then uncross and recross them the other way. Not too fast, then you will just look like you've gotta go, gotta go, gotta go right now! Do the leg thing a few times. After you have done these things, scan the area for activity. Hopefully you have been noticed. If so, look that person in the eyes for a second or so, smile, then look away and go back to what you were doing.

Pretty good, huh? If I am not miserable and/or contageous tomorrow, I'll try routines 1 or 2.

Good night, everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment